Ho Chi Minh City, July 18, 2019, Digiworld Coporation (“DGW”) announced 2nd Quarter business results with a new record in quarterly net revenue of VND 2,006 billion since its establishment, increasing 46% year on year and profit after tax of VND 35.3 billion, increasing 56% year on year, even though 2nd Quarter is the low season of sales.
Thus, at the end of the first 6 months, Digiworld saw total net revenue of VND 3,377 billion, and profit after tax of VND 60 billion, increasing 28% and 43% year on year respectively. With this business result, the company has completed 47% of revenue plan and 44% of profit plan for the whole year.
In order to achieve this outstanding business result, Digiworld has made efforts to boost growth in every business units, especially the consumer goods in the first 6 months of the year to achieve 170% growth year on year. In particular, 06 months revenue breakdown was as follows:
- Consumer goods: Revenue reached VND 116 billion, increasing 170% last year on year with the contract of master distribution for Nestlé Medical Nutrition products in early 2019.
- Office equipment: this is the sector that was expected to grow in the long term with the trend of Digital Transformation of Vietnam Enterprises, revenue reached VND 589 billion, increasing 22% last year on year, completing 42% of the year plan.
- Mobile phone: revenue reached VND 1,551 billion, increasing 29% last year on year, completing 52% of the year plan. Currently, Digiworld accounts for 8% of smartphone market share compared to 6% of the same period in 2018.
- Laptop & tablet: revenue reached VND 1,121 billion, increasing 23% compared to the same period last year, completing 47% of the year plan, accounting for 30% of the market share compared to 28% of the same period in 2018.
- Disclosure of information on signing audit services agreement for the financial year 2020
- Digiworld Investor Presentation
- Separate Financial Statements 2nd Quarter 2020 - Result Explanation
- Separate Financial Statements 2nd Quarter 2020
- Consolidated Financial Statements 2nd Quarter 2020 - Result Explanation