Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam-19 December 2017
Fourteen outstanding Business Leaders who are the backbone of Vietnam’s rising econmony, who have exemplified remarkable leadership and tenacity in pursuing sustainable success, took centre stage at the Asia Pacific Entrepreneurship Awards (APEA) 2017, the inaugural Vietnam chapter. Over 200 attendees were present at the by-invitation only event, comprising of industry leaders, leading entrepreneurs and dignitaries including Duong Duy Hung, Director of Planning Department, Ministry of Industry and Trade, Dr Fong Chan Onn, Chairman of Enterprise Asia and President of Enterprise Asia, Mr. William Ng.
Organized by Enterprise Asia, the Asia Pacific Entrepreneurship Awards, better known as APEA, is a regional recognition program that aims to band leading entrepreneurs across the region to spur greater innovation, fair practises and entrepreneurship development.
The awards are presented to the finest entrepreneurs across the region each year, with award ceremonies held in over 13 countries, including Vietnam. The recognition not only open doors to join an exclusive alumni of Enterprise Asia, but to be able to be part of one of the largest networking platform for business leaders across Asia Pacific.
The APEA is often compared to the Olympics for the stringent entry criteria and highly competitive judging parameters. Each nominee is subjected to a rigorous judging process, including financial verification by an appointed audit firm and mandatory physical site audit and interview, culminating in a confidential balloting process by Enterprise Asia’s committee. This year, the awards’ received close to 50 nominees and 14 winners across 11 industries were selected.
Mr.Doan Hong Viet-CEO of Digiworld is one of 14 winners of APEA 2017
“We can say with certainty that the recipients of the APEA are like none others. Not only do they have to prove their entrepreneurial skills and experience in one of the toughest contests in the world, they also subject themselves to a pledge to uphold the highest standards of entrepreneurship, which includes allegiance to the two founding pillars of Enterprise Asia, namely Investment in People and Responsible Entrepreneurship”, says Mr William Ng, President of Enterprise Asia.
Among the recipients was one outstanding individual who received the Entrepreneur of The Year Award in the special category, Mr Dang Van Thanh, Founder & President of TTC Group for the Property Development Industry.
Mr Ng explained, “The APEA is aimed at promoting entrepreneurship globally. Beyond recognizing the efforts of these entrepreneurs, we hope to encourage them to continue taking their businesses to the next level in the current digitalization era, and in the process, providing more job opportunities to the people in the region, and help to drive the economy forward which is in align to Enterprise Asia’s purpose, Democratising Entrepreneurship (DE), Institutionalising Sustainability (IS) and Empowering Innovation (EI).”
RECIPIENT LIST OF ASIA PACIFIC ENTREPRENEURSHIP AWARDS 2017 VIETNAM
Special Category-Entrepreneur of The Year Award
- Dang Van Thanh Founder & President TTC Group
APEA Winners 2017 Vietnam
- Hoang Duc Thao-Chairman & General Director Ba Ria-Vung Tau Urban Sewerage and Development Limited Company (BUSADCO)
- Ha Thu Thanh-Chairwoman Deloitte Vietnam Company Limited
- Doan Hong Viet-Founder, CEO & Chairman Digiworld Corporation
- Nguyen Ngoc Thuy-Chairman of the Board of Directors & General Director Egroup Education Corporation Joint Stock Company
- Ly Anh Duy Quang-Member of Board of Directors GreenFeed Vietnam Corporation
- Le Viet Hai-Chairman and CEO Hoa Binh Construction Group 3
- Le Hong Thuy Tien-President IMEX Pan Pacific Co. Ltd.
- Le Thi Quynh Trang-Founder and General Director Multimedia Joint Stock Company
- Hoang Nguyen Thu Thao-CEO Nguyen Hoang Group
- Do Quang Hien-Chairman Sai Gon-Ha Noi Commercial Joint Stock Bank (SHB)
- Doan Thi Mai Huong-General Director Southern Airports Services Joint Stock Company
- Mrs Thai Huong-Chairwoman TH Food Chain Group
- Nguyen Dang Giap-Colonel, Hero of Labor, Chairman & General Director The 36 Corporation